Large format thin porcelain tiles have been in production for well over 10 years, they are now a popular choice for home owners, we will see them continue to be a dominant trend in the coming years due to their great benefits of size, durability, ease of installation and variety of looks. Large format tiles can make a dramatic difference to an entire room giving you creative freedom with many interior surfaces, including exterior claddings.
REASONS FOR CHOOSING LARGE FORMAT PORCELAIN TILES:
- Lightweight and thin but extremely resistant and flexible.
- Does not absorb odours or liquids so easy to clean.
- Not affected by sun, frost or weathering so requires minimal maintenance.
- Thanks to their large dimension, these quality tiles create a visual impact of unique beauty and a superior finish is achieved. There is a multitude of different looks from metallic, natural stone, concrete, marble or wood in many colour variations to enhance other surfaces in the space.
- To fix: lightweight.
- To drill: decreased thickness.
- To cut: simple as cutting glass.
- To clean: non- absorbent.
- We now have large format tile specialist installers.
- Covers multiple needs and projects such as: floors, walls, curved surfaces, splashbacks, worktops, interior design applications and exterior cladding.
- Ideal for the renovation of tiled floors and walls, as the thin slab may be installed over exsisting tiles and avoids deconstruction costs.
- Installation times can be dramatically reduced.
- They create an illusion of space by minimising grouted joins which subsequently reduces maintenance and helps with sanitation.
- Many of the large format tiles come in a family of tiles with a range of other sizes and finishes available in the same style including exterior tiles and porcelain pavers to enable you to achieve a consistent flow throughout the property.
- The large size and light weight is perfect for:
- External cladding
- Overlaying existing tiles
- Cabinetry facades
Pop into our showroom and get expert advice on leading-edge design and quality, cost-effective installation of large format tiles.